HOW TO MAKE YOUR FIRST CHORD
- Sit at the piano and find the group of two black keys.
- Look for the white key that is just to the left of those two black keys. This is the C note.
- Put your right hand thumb on the C note. This is your starting finger.
- Count up four white keys from the C note (1, 2, 3, 4). This is the G note. Put your pinky finger on the G note.
- Count up two white keys from the G note (1, 2). This is the E note. Put your middle finger on the E note.
- Press down on all three keys (C, E, and G) at the same time with your fingers.
- You just played a C major chord! It should sound like a happy and bright sound.
Remember to keep your fingers curved, and your wrists relaxed while playing the chord. Have fun playing the piano and exploring different chords!